Beyond the tens of thousands of people who visit ExRx.net for quality information ever day, some choose to utilize our consultations services. Here are some of our former clients:
Appalachian Wellness, PLLC
- Provided formula to convert Watts to METs using an electronic cycle ergometer for graded tests.
- Provided critiques of animated 3-D transparent anatomy models depicting various exercises.
- Developed fitness based PE curriculum and offered equipment recommendations.
- Served as Fitness Testing and Sports Conditioning Adviser for 8 months
- Researched and recommended fitness tests and accompanying norms and percentile scoring for young athletes.
- Researched and designed periodized sports conditioning programs for dozens of sports at various stages of development.
- Proposed feature sets, statistical formulas, and algorithms to be incorporated in youth fitness assessment and exercise prescription software.
- Wyle Laboratories was contracted to upgrade the NASA Astronaut Fitness Manual.
- Consulted Wyle Labs regarding their functional muscular anatomy questions.
- Provided Wyle Laboratories permission to republish copyrighted diagrams.
Is your program based on junk science or outdated information?
Literature Research & Analysis
Specializing in dispelling common misconceptions and identifying contradictions and over-generalizations in the literature.
Fitness Testing & Assessment Formula Research & Development
- Research testing protocols and normative data sets.
- Develop formulas and algorithms to calculate fitness testing values, percentile, and rating.
- Based on normative data, Z scores, sigmoid and polynomial multi-regression formulas, and XYZ curve fitting equations.
- See ExRx.net calculators which utilize both existing and original formulas and algorithms.
- Also see Developing a Fitness Testing Battery, or Q&As: Questioning Norms, and VO2 Accuracy.
Strength and Conditioning Programming
Provide your clients or users maximum progress and engagement in less time with less work, injury, and dropout.
- Programming from special populations to athletes
- Algorithms for maximal progressions
- Low volume programming
- Mobile and web app user logistics and features
- Exercise database and videos (See Exercise Database API)
- Weight Training programs from deconditioned beginners to advanced trainees
- Youth athletic program from pre-pubescent to young adult (most sports)